If you are seeking to lose weight from your hips and get the perfect hourglass figure, then here are four exercises that can help you lose that inches around your waist, midsection, and tone your hips:
Squats will tone your leg muscles – hamstrings, quadriceps, and calves, improve your lower body movement as well as your glutes and thighs. You should do squats every day.
How to Do a Squats
This video describes the technique of how to do a squat
- Stand straight with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Holding your back straight, bend your knees gradually. Slowly lower down your body by pushing your hips back. As you go lower, extend your arms straight in front of you.
- Don’t allow your upper body to lean too forward. Keep the weight steady on your feet, and upper thighs like you are pretending to sit on an imaginary chair.
- Then, gradually come back to the starting standing position.
- Do 1-3 sets with ten squats per set. Always remember to rest between sets.
2. Side-Lying Leg Lifts
One-sided leg lifts will strengthen your obliques, thighs, hips, and backside, which includes the gluteus medius and minimus muscles.
How to Do a Side-Lying Leg Lifts
This video describes how you can do a side-lying leg lifts
- Lie down on your right side on the floor or mat
- Keep your legs extended and feet one on top of each other.
- Place your hand under your head, and keep your left hand out front for additional support.
- Now, As you exhale, gently raise the left leg that is on the top.
- Inhale and slowly lower the leg back down to meet the right leg.
- Repeat this at least ten times before switch to the other side.
Lunges are an astonishing workout that will tone your glutes, hips, core, calves, quads, inner thighs, and hamstrings.
How to Do Lunges
This video describes how to do a lunge the right way
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart. Ensure your spine and shoulders are straight.
- Take your right leg forward and lower your hips slightly.
- Bend the right leg at the knee at 90°, so it makes a right angle.
- Keeping the foot strong on the floor, ensure that your left leg remains straight behind.
- Try to keep this position for as long as you can.
- Gradually take back the leg to the initial position.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
- Continue your lunges until you complete 20 reps for each leg.
4. Glute Bridge
Glute Bridge is an absolutely incredible, effective exercise that you should be doing daily. It will strengthen your core, lower back, abs, and targets your glutes and thighs.
How to Do Glute Bridge
This video describes how to do the glute bridge
- Lie on your back and bend your knees at about 45 degrees.
- Keep your feet apart at a wide hip distance. Keep your arms at your side.
- Squeeze your glutes and raise up your hips till your body makes a straight line from the neck to the knees. Ensure to engage your core and legs as you push your heels to lift your hips up
- Hold the position for 20 to 30 seconds & slowly return to the initial position and repeat.
- Complete at least ten reps once daily.