Adrenal fatigue starts when the adrenal glands can’t work precisely. It happens as an effect of adrenal and chronic stress insufficiency.
The adrenal glands are essential because responsible for the release of many hormones in the body, including cortisol and adrenaline that directly influence energy.
Is adrenal fatigue real? Specialists claim that when a person is stressed for a long time, the adrenal glands no longer secrete the necessary amount of hormones, including cortisol. Lack of a healthy lifestyle and sleepless nights are other factors that lead to adrenal fatigue.
Diagnosis of adrenal fatigue is challenging to establish, and it can result in a lot of unwanted symptoms and feelings of illness. But there are some symptoms which help doctors to identify adrenal fatigue. Often, they vary from person to person.
What are the signs of adrenal fatigue?
- Brain fog
- Lower back pain
- Moodiness and irritability
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Craving salty and sugar food.
- Sleep disturbances
- Tiredness at afternoon and more extra energy at night
- Frequent urination
- Lightheadedness when you stand up from a sit or when laying down.
- Lack of energy
- Muscle and body pains
- Decreased libido
- Numbness in your fingers
How To Treat Adrenal Fatigue
1. You should sleep for 7 to 8 hours every day.
To ensure you sleep well, you should take steps to eliminate any distractions from your bedroom.
Have a fixed time at which to go to bed, optionally at 10 p.m. and follow it every day.
2. Relaxation techniques such as meditation, deep breathing, mindfulness exercises, yoga, and dodging or reducing any sources of stress are the most reliable way to treat adrenal fatigue.
It helps your adrenals to heal and restore themselves.
3. Avoid those foods which lay stress on adrenal glands and increase inflammation in the body.
Avoid sugary foods, cereals, candy, sweets, and junk food.
4. Eat small frequent meals and never skip a meal.
5. Eat a high protein breakfast, and keep carbohydrate intake minimum in the morning.
6. You can have good fats like egg yolk, grass-fed butter, ghee, and coconut oil. Avocado and olive oil can also be taken but stay away from all other plant-based oils, nuts, and seeds.
7. Try to get at least 20% of the total calories from carbohydrates from fresh fruit and vegetables.
8. Caffeine and alcohol must be avoided.
9. You can Include adaptogen herbs like ashwagandha, basil, and root of maca in your diet. These herbs can help restore the hormonal balance of the body.
10. Take adrenal fatigue supplements: Magnesium, B-complex and vitamin C supplements
11. Essential oils can also be used to treat adrenal fatigue, such as:
- Jasmine Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Rosemary Oil
- Grapefruit Oil
- Basil Oil
12. Eat pastured beef, chicken, or pork liver: Pastured liver is nutrient-rich and has Vitamin A, which helps to boost adrenal glands.
13. Relax when you seem tired: Try to rest and give yourself a lapse from the daily routine.
Give yourself an hour every day to do something you enjoy most. Laugh and do something fun every day.
14. Do not strain yourself casually and avoid strenuous physical activities and exercises for at least a month.
Go for a walk and slowly start strength-building routines.
15. Avoid negative people.
16. Stay hydrated.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue may take months. If you aim for a balanced lifestyle with a night of good sleep, exercise, fun, and positive energy, then you are most likely to keep your adrenal system. Ask your doctor for advice.