Why do I have a strong odor down there? There are various reasons for vaginal odor. It can occur due to sexual diseases, bacterial growth, yeast infections, or poor hygiene.
If infections trigger your unusual vaginal odor, there might be some symptoms such as redness, burning, itching, and irritation in the vagina or vaginal region.
Also, fishy odor down there can be triggered by the Bacterial vaginosis (BV).
Vaginal odor is a pervasive health problem that almost every woman in the world has to have at least 1-2 times throughout their life. Plus can be caused by a lot of various reasons, including the overgrowth of bacteria, hormonal changes, poor hygiene, yeast infections, and STDs. (1)
Way to get rid of your vaginal odor and yeast infection naturally
1. Wash with hot water.
It may appear illogical, but cleaning your vagina with soap, whether it’s liquid or bar soap, isn’t the safest way to keep fresh.
2. Stop douching; your vagina cleanses itself
Do not douche. Seriously, do not.
Douching is supposed to cleanse the vaginal canal.
Doctors recommend that you do not douche.
Douche can lead to many health problems, including problems of getting pregnant.
Douching is more associated with vaginal infections and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
3. Don’t use scented soap
While your vagina is self-cleaning, you sometimes want to give it some extra help.
It is perfect for washing your vulva and labia when you clean the rest of your body, but make sure you use unscented soap.
Soaps or detergents that are fragrant can mess with your natural healthy balance.
4. Do not take hot baths every day
This can eliminate natural bacteria.
Avoid hot showers because they will eliminate the essential bacteria needed in your vagina.
5. Using apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be a natural antibacterial.
The vinegar should help do away with toxins and bacteria that are causing your vaginal odor.
- Add one to two cups (240 to 470 ml) of apple cider vinegar to your bathwater and soak your body in the water for 20 minutes.
- Rinsing your skin off with clean water.
6. Spa with yogurt
Yogurt has a lot of lactobacillus bacteria, which can help get rid of the factors triggering vaginal infection candida infection, as well as restoring normal vaginal pH.
Once the vaginal pH balance level becomes balanced, you will be able to say goodbye to the problem of vaginal smell.
OR another option you can try is to:
- Soaking one tampon in plain yogurt
- Insert the tampon into your body.
- Let it wait for about two to three hours.
- After extracting the tampon, take clean water to wash the area thoroughly.
7. Boric acid
Boric acid, which is slightly acidic and antiseptic, can help you effectively restore the acid levels of the vagina.
- You need Size “00” gelatin capsules and boric acid.
- Fill the gelatin capsules with the boric acid and keep them safe and properly.
- Insert one capsule of boric acid stuffed into your vagina and let it sit overnight
- Apply this tip 2-3 times a week.
8. Baking Soda
The effective ways to get rid of the vaginal smell, you should balance the pH level in the body and sodium bicarbonate is an excellent ingredient for it.
- Take a half cup of baking soda and put into bathwater.
- Soak your lower body for 20-25 minutes.
- Dry your body directly with a clean towel.
In this way, you can eliminate vaginal order quickly and naturally.
9. Lavender Oil
To remove and stay away from the vaginal smell, you should try using lavender oil.
The natural oil can decrease itching and irritation in the vagina.
You can blend water, witch hazel, and lavender oil to clean the vagina after bathing.
10. Stop using soaps and wearing fragrances
If you use fragrances, soap, or perfume, make sure that you do not put these chemicals close to your vaginal area.
They affect your pH balance and make your vagina have more discharge, including foul smell or fishy odor.