When it comes to popularity in dairy product, Yogurt is number one. There is no debate on that.
Yogurt remains a very versatile food as it can be eaten quick as breakfast with cereal with a bowl of fruits or as lunch with a sandwich or a salad or as a dessert during dinner.
What is in a yogurt? Yogurt is formed by fermenting milk using lactic bacteria cultures and flavored with fruit, sweeteners, and stabilizers, such as gelatin.
First off, let us go straight to the point why you are reading this article, which is the health benefits of Yogurt.
The health benefits of Yogurt are so remarkable, thanks to its rich source of calcium, protein, and probiotics. It’s very nutritious, and eating it daily may boost your overall health.
Therefore, with no more delay, here are some excellent benefits of Yogurt.
1. Its improves your digestive health: The probiotics in Yogurt such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis will help the natural functioning of your digestive system. The healthy probiotics will fight bad bacteria in your gut and reduce your chance of developing intestinal infections. This further protects you from problems, such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, or irritable bowel syndrome.
2. It provides you with lots of nutritional: A serving of Yogurt offers you with almost every nutrient that your body demands such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iodine, riboflavin, B vitamins especially vitamin B12, D, and zinc. Also, a significant increase to your protein intake.
3. Help you to sleep better: Sleeplessness is a general problem affecting 8 out of 10 people. Yogurt contains B group vitamins and tryptophan, which triggers the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that controls sleep. Moreover, the magnesium content in Yogurt acts as a muscle relaxant which has a calming effect on your body. Now you are going to sleep like a baby.
4. It will strengthen your immune system: On a regular basis, a strong immune system means prevention from infections, germs, and illnesses. That’s to say our immune system is required for our survival.
The probiotics in Yogurt will increase your immune system. Also, Yogurt is an excellent source of Vitamin A and D, which perform an essential role in maintaining a strong immune system. So it is safe to say that regular intake of Yogurt can protect you from infections and certain illnesses.
5. It helps prevent hypertension: Yogurt may reduce your risk of high blood pressure. Due to the fact that it provides you with the right amount of potassium, which will reduce excess sodium from your body. Besides, by lowering the amount of sodium in your bloodstream, you can significantly lessen your risk of developing hypertension, and other heart diseases and stroke.
6. Prevents yeast infections: This is not a secret. It is well known for women that yogurt can prevents yeast infections. Researches show that women who frequently eat yogurt have better vaginal health because It’s a probiotic, meaning it helps your vagina maintain the right pH balance.
7. It may help you to lose weight: According to various research. Yogurt can speed weight loss, and trim your belly fat. If you want to lose your belly fat? Yogurt can be your best friend because calcium found in Yogurt triggers fat cells to produce less cortisol hormone, which in turn hugely helps lose weight. Moreover, Yogurt is very high in protein which is essential for weight control.
8. It improves your Bone health: Most people are aware of that Yogurt have some critical nutrients for nurturing bone health, such as calcium, phosphorus, protein, potassium, and vitamin D. For an elderly who are at chance of osteoporosis, a cup of Yogurt every day after lunch is a right choice.
9. Improve your mental health: Many studies recommend that eating yogurt is useful for a person’s mental health due to its probiotic connection between the gut and brain. A healthy gut plays vital role in maintaining our mental wellbeing.
10. Good for your oral health: Specialists believe that the probiotics in yogurt may help to tackle the growth of the “bad” bacteria in the mouth. An increasing amount of probiotics improved better oral health by reducing periodontal condition, throat germs, and bad breath. Also, researchers recommend that combining yogurt to your diet may be effective option to fight bad breath.
Yogurt is very nutritious, and Yogurt is a great way to obtain numerous health benefits. Make sure you consume Yogurt that offers active cultures. Hence, you should constantly check the tag before buying them.
Also, it is an excellent idea to choose low-fat Yogurt and avoid sugar yogurt varieties. Low-fat Yogurt provides you with higher protein and less fat. Yogurt
References & Resources: