Doctors indicate that Honey is a healthy alternative to sugar. It heals the body and treats various kinds of conditions, from sore throat to bacterial infections and even skin diseases. Researchers have examined the use of Honey as remedies for many illnesses.
Honey remedies that has been known for decades to treat several health issues. Try it out if you experience any of these problems:
Here are some Honey remedies you can try if you feel like:
Honey, Warm Water plus Lemon
- Persistent cough: 2 tablespoons of Honey is enough to soothe a persistent cough. Honey has an antimicrobial property that kills bacterias that usually cause cough. Honey also relaxes the airways, which relieves you of that uncomfortable feeling cough gives. Moreover, lemon is loaded in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and fights infections on your behalf.
- Sore throat: Honey is very soothing to the throat and relieves the itchy feeling that occurs in sore throat. Here are more cure a sore throat instantly
- Obesity: it boosts fat burning and eliminates any accumulated toxins. It is an excellent remedy to take if you are losing weight and hit a plateau.
- Bloating: this combination is an excellent digestive stimulant that eliminates bloating and increase digestive function. Don’t miss these other ways to relieve stomach bloating
- Constipation: it regulates peristalsis and enhances the release of toxic matter from the intestine.
A glass of milk with 1 or 2 tablespoons of Honey for insomnia
Honey triggers the release of serotonin, which is converted to melatonin. Melatonin is responsible for good sleep. Milk also makes melatonin through the help of tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acid that supports your body produce serotonin, and serotonin makes melatonin so, if you strive with insomnia, a glass of milk and Honey taken an hour or two hours before bedtime is a remedy to try. Learn about Insomnia signs
Apply Honey to wounds, cuts, and burns
This will aid the fast healing of the wound and prevent the injury from infections. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce swelling around the wounds and pain.
Honey remedy for a softer moisturized hair
Use the remedy as follows:
- Add a teaspoon of Honey to your shampoo then wash hair, after that
- Add a teaspoon of Honey to extra virgin olive oil and use it as a deep conditioner for a minimum of 30minutes and wash it off.
- Then dry hair with a soft tee-shirt and apply your daily leave-in conditioner.
- After applying conditioner, air-dry your hair or use the cold setting of your blow dryer to dry hair.
Tip: Try to avoid using heat most times in other to retain the moisture of your hair and prevent breakage. Excess use of hair straighteners Tends to cause breakage over time.
Plain Honey/Honey and water remedy to cure a hangover
- 2 to 6 teaspoons of Honey; taken every twenty minutes cure hangovers due to high content of fructose in Honey, which helps the body metabolize alcohol faster
- If eating Honey is difficult for you, put 2 to 6 teaspoons of Honey in a glass of water, the water will flush out toxins, rehydrate your tissues, and relieve hungover at the same time.
Honey Remedies for Rough and dry skin
There are 3 ways to use Honey to get a softer, smoother skin:
Honey scrub: mix Honey and sugar together and exfoliate any patchy rough areas of skin as needed. This is also very useful during the winter months to remove dry areas of skin on the lips, knees, and elbows.
For smoother skin, rub Honey on the face or any other problem areas and leave for 30 minutes, then wash off, dry face-off/other areas gently with a soft towel, then apply facial oils or moisturizing cream to retain the moisture.
For dark puffiness & dark circles around the eyes: rub a little bit of Honey over the dark circles, then wash after 15minutes, or you can leave it overnight. This lightens the dark circles and reduces puffiness around the eyes. Don’t miss these other home remedies for pink eye
1 teaspoon of Honey + one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar + a glass of warm water:
- Drinking this combination 30 minutes before a meal prevents indigestion, which usually causes that bloating feeling after a meal.
- Drinking this combination in the morning also improves energy, decrease fatigue, eliminate toxins from the body, regulates heartbeat, and normalize blood pressure. Here are some more apple cider vinegar benefits