Eating the right food can have tremendous benefits on the quality of life of diabetes patients. Unfortunately, diabetes is incurable. A healthy diet intake will regulate your blood sugar, optimizes insulin production and use, prevent vision problems, fatigue, and promotes blood circulation.
People with diabetes should eat low glycemic carbohydrates, more vegetables, fruit, and proteins. Eating plenty of fiber food plays a vital role in managing diabetes.
We at Mayor Boss did some research about food to eat with diabetes and decided to share with you some truly delicious food. This food can provides you constant energy with little effect on your blood sugar. Plus, keeps your blood sugar stable and help with sugar cravings and gives you the feeling of fullness after eating.
The list of foods for diabetics
- Eggs: People with type 2 diabetes can eat two eggs every day as part of a high-protein intake to improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Also, eggs can protect eye health and keep you feeling full for long.
- Leafy Greens: Collard greens, spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, and other leafy greens are excellent sources of many minerals and vitamins. They’re moreover very low in absorbable carbs, which boost your blood sugar levels.
- Beans: They are high in protein. Not only that, they will keep your blood sugar stable, but it also helps with sugar cravings and feeling satiety full after eating. Beans contain essential nutrients, like iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- Broccoli: this is a low-calorie food, low-carb with high nutrient benefit. It may further reduce insulin levels and defend your cells from harmful free radicals. Plus, it is an excellent source of lutein and zeaxanthin, which are well-known antioxidants that can help prevent eye diseases.
- Turmeric: Its active ingredient, curcumin, can maintain blood sugar levels and also lower inflammation and reducing heart disease risk.
- Fatty Fish: Regularly eating enough oily fish is vital for people with diabetes. It can lower the risk of heart failure and stroke; by the way, it is an excellent source of high-quality protein.
- Whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, and oatmeal): They are good sources of fiber and nutrients. Besides, they have fewer results in blood sugar because of the lower glycemic index.
- Chicken and turkey: Chicken is one of the best protein options for people with diabetes; they do not raise blood sugar levels but help with balancing blood sugar levels.
- Cinnamon: Numerous studies have proved that cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels and better insulin sensitivity.
- Chia seeds: They are an excellent food for people with diabetes and can lessen blood pressure and body inflammation.
- Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, and Brazil nuts): Regular eating of nuts can decrease inflammation and lower blood sugar levels.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: They have been shown to better insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels.
- Strawberries: They are high in antioxidants known as anthocyanins, which can reduce cholesterol, insulin levels, and improve blood sugar.
- Garlic: Garlic promotes lower blood sugar levels, better inflammation, reduce blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol in people with diabetes.
- Greek Yogurt: Due to the probiotics in yogurt, It can promote blood sugar control and the risk reduction of heart disease.
- Citrus fruits (oranges, mandarin grapefruits, and lemons): They have antidiabetic effects. Moreover, eating citrus fruits is an excellent way to get your vitamins and minerals without eating carbohydrates.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes possess a lower glycemic index than another kind of potatoes. This makes them an excellent outstanding for people with diabetes, as they deliver more sugar slowly to the body and do not inflate the blood sugar levels as much.
Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, including the foods listed above, can help people with diabetes maintain their health, lowering the risk of heart disease and prevent complications.